2018 GUIDELINES + APPLICATION
Submissions Open April 1, 2018
Festival Dates: Nov 29 to Dec 3, 2018
hamptons take 2 documentary film festival
Submission Deadlines & Fees
Early: April 30, 2018 Fee: $35 per feature/$25 per short
Regular: June 30, 2018 Fee: $45 per feature/$35 per short
Late: July 10, 2018 Fee: $65 per feature/$45 per short
- WITHOUTABOX and FILMFREEWAY accept credit card payment.
Lengths: Features (41-180 minutes) Shorts (1-40 minutes)
- HT2FF does not accept works-in-progress
- Only work completed after January 2016 will be considered
- You must provide a properly completed and signed official HT2FF Application
- HT2FF does not have a formal premiere requirement but when making final decisions, programmers do take a film’s exposure into consideration and would give preference to a New York or East Coast premiere.
- HT2FF is not a themes competition. Jurors will consider quality, creativity and professionalism.
Applicants will be notified of the festival's decision by October 1, 2018.
Notification will be sent by email to the primary contact listed on the entry form.
Photographs (hi-res only) and press kit will be needed immediately.
The required exhibition formats and delivery date deadlines will be confirmed by the Festival after invitations have been extended and confirmed. Please check in with the Festival staff before creating your Festival exhibition copy or copies to ensure the format and technical specifications are correct.
You must deliver to the address designated by the Festival one (1) exhibition copy (technical specifications must be confirmed by the Festival in advance) of the invited work. We recommend you ship all exhibition copies as to permit the tracking of your film once it leaves your hands.
You must provide a properly completed and signed official HT2FF Film Information Form
You must provide at least two (2) DVD copies or downloadable links of the final, completed film for Festival archives and outreach purposes.
We do not return DVD screeners. If you would like your exhibition DVD or digital file returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission materials.
Rights & Clearances:
HT2FF expects all filmmakers to secure music and talent rights to their films for festival exhibition. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the projects to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question. HT2FF will not be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared copyrighted materials. HT2FF maintains the right to keep 2 DVDs for the Festival archives and subsequent outreach programs.